2 nights 3 days includes
- Round trip airfare
- Daily transportation via luxury motor coach with lavatory and DVD player on board
- 2 nights hotel accommodation at a conveniently located location
- Breakfast Daily
- 2 Dinners
- Tour of the Texas State Capitol
- Admission to LBJ Library & Museum
- Admission to Blanton Museum of Art
- Visit South Congress Avenue
- Admission to Bob Bullock Texas State Museum
- Canoeing on Lady Bird Lake
- Visit Second Street
- EduTrips local escort assistance during your trip
- Free trip for 1 chaperone in double room for each 10 paying passengers
- All taxes and fees
Arrive in Austin and meet your EDU Trips group escort. Our first stop will be the Texas State Capitol, a stunning example of 19th-century architecture with its “Sunset Red” pink granite from Marble Falls exterior and incredible rotunda detailing. On the tour of the Capitol you’ll see the legislative and house chambers along with the original flag from the Battle of San Jacinto. Next we will visit the LBJ Library & Museum . During the visit you will experience a historical perspective into the 1960s, the Kennedy assassination, civil rights and the impact of these volatile times on today’s society.
We’ll begin today with a visit to the Blanton Museum of Art where you will see more than 17,000 works of art including the Mari and James A Michener Collection of 20th Century American Art. Next we will make our way to South Congress Ave where you will have free time to shop and explore the many vintage shops. Enjoy the interactive exhibits and learn about Texas history at Bob Bullock Texas State Museum.
Wake up early and depart for Lady Bird Lake where we will spend the morning canoeing on the lake. Next we will make our way to Second Street where you will have free time for lunch & shopping. After lunch we will depart for the airport and board planes from home.