BEST OF Belize; 7 nights 8 days includes
- Roundtrip airfare to Belize City
- Daily transportation via luxury motor coach with lavatory and DVD player on board
- 7 nights hotel accommodation at a conveniently located location
- In country airfare as per itinerary
- Breakfast Daily
- 7 Dinners
- Admission to Caracol
- Visit the Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve
- Day trip via boat through the lagoon in Placencia
- Visit the Island of San Pedro
- Snorkeling the Blue Hole
- Visit Hopkins
- Learn about the Garifuna Culture
- Class on Garifuna drums & dance
- EduTrips local escort assistance during your trip
- Free trip for 1 chaperone in double room for each 10 paying passengers
- All taxes and fees
Day 1: Home-> Belize
Fly to Belize City; Meet Edutrips Representative at baggage claim & our coach bus will transfer us to our hotel in the Cayo District.
Day 2: Caracol
Your adventure begins as you explore the ancient Maya world as we take a tour deep into the Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve and visit one of the largest Maya Cities in Belize, Caracol. Caracol was the most important political center of the lowland Maya during the Classic Period within Belize.
Day 3: Placencia
Today we will visit the Monkey River for a play date wth the howler monkeys – its truly an incredible experience. We will travel by boat through the lagoon in among the red mangrove fringe forest along the coast which is home to the manatee.
Day 4:San Pedro
After breakfast, we will board a water taxi and depart for the island of San Pedro. Upon arrival we will check into our hotel & the rest of the day is spent relaxing on the beach or swimming in the crystal clear Caribbean waters.
Day 5: Blue Hole
This morning get ready for an all day adventure that will take us into one of the most astonishing wonders of Belize, the Blue Hole. The Blue Hole is a nearly perfect circular hole 1000 feet in diameter and 412 feel deep. We will spend the day diving in the waters and exploring the incredible coral reef.
You will spend the next two days visiting Dangriga & Hopkins the Garifuna capitol in Belize. We will meet with local Garifuna community members and learn first hand how to prepare a traditional meal, dance & sing traditional songs.
Day 8: Fly Home
Flight departs Belize City for home.