Welcome to Gettysburg, PA, turning point of the American Civil War. During your trip you will be accompanied by our EDUTrips Group Escort, who will take care of all admissions, hotel and transportation arrangements, restaurants and generally smoothing out the details, freeing you up to kick it up and enjoy yourselves!
- Round trip bus transportation via luxury motor coach with lavatory and DVD player on board.
- 2 nights hotel accommodation at a conveniently located property.
- 2 Breakfasts.
- 2 Dinners including General Pickett’s Buffet.
- Admission to Hershey Park.
- Admission to Gettysburg National Battlefield Park.
- Admission to Gettysburg Museum and Visitor Center
- Admission to the Shriver House Museum.
- Admission the the Hall of Presidents.
- Admission to the Jennie Wade House.
- Admission to the American Civil War Museum.
- Admission to the Lincoln Train Museum.
- EDU Trips local escort assistance during your trip.
- Free trip for 1 chaperone in double room for each 10 paying passengers.
- All taxes and fees.
Arrive in Gettysburg and meet your EDU Trips group escort for a comprehensive Ranger guided tour of the Gettysburg Battlefield. We’ll stop in at the Gettysburg Museum and Visitor Center and take part in a living history event, where we’ll learn about the everyday soldier’s life the Civil War. After the tour the group will have free time to explore the historic town of Gettysburg and visit the Shriver House Museum for a guided tour of the Shriver family residence, whose attic was used by Confederate sharpshooters during the battle at Gettysburg. Dinner will be at General Pickett’s Buffet where we will enjoy an old fashion home cooked meal served buffet style. After dinner we will return to our hotel for a free evening.
Today we’ll visit the Hall of Presidents for a compelling look at our nation’s history through Presidential eyes. Next we’ll visit the Jennie Wade House, home of the only civilian killed during the Battle of Gettysburg. We’ll check out imposing historical figures with life-sized dioramas of key events at the American Civil War Museum, including an animatronic Abraham Lincoln delivering the Gettysburg Address, then take a simulated train ride with our 16th President at the Lincoln Train Museum.
We’ll enjoy a thrilling day of rides, adventure and chocolate at the always exciting Hershey Park. After our day of fun we’ll board the bus and head for home.