11 NIGHTS / 12 DAYS
- Round trip airfare from the U.S. to Accra, Ghana.
- Round trip transportation via luxury motor coach.
- 11 nights hotel accommodation at a conveniently located property.
- Breakfast daily at hotels.
- 10 lunches.
- 10 dinners.
- Admission to the W.E.B. Dubois Center For Pan Africanism and Library.
- Visits to Black Square, the Kwame Nkrumah Memorial, and the Independence Arch-Accra’s ceremonial grounds.
- Visit to the historic fishing village of Jamestown.
- Professionally guided tour of Accra.
- Visit to Makola Market.
- Visit with The La Wulormo, the spiritual leader of the La Traditional area.
- Admission to Kakum National Park.
- Admission to guided tour of Elmina Castle.
- Visit to the University of Cape Coast.
- Admission to guided tour of the Cape Coast Castle and Museum.
- Visit to the Anglo-Ashanti Goldfields.
- Visit to to the Kumasi Central Market and the Ashanti Craft Village.
- Visit to Kintampo Falls and the Mole National Park.
- Visit to Kwane Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
- Admission to tour of Accra and the National Museum and National Archives.
- Admission to the Aburi Botanical Gardens.
- Visit to the Mampong Center for Research into Plant Medicine.
- Free time to explore downtown Accra and visit one of the local museums.
- Free time at the beach.
- Local assistance by 2 tour guides during your trip.
- Free trip for 1 chaperone in double room for each 10 paying passengers.
- All taxes and fees.
Flight arrives in the capital city of Accra, Ghana, where your tour guides will meet you and escort the group to your bus. We’ll start our trip visiting the W.E.B. Dubois Center For Pan Africanism and Librarythen head to Black Square, the Kwame Nkrumah Memorial, and the Independence Arch-Accra’s ceremonial grounds. We will break for lunch, then visit the historic fishing village of Jamestown. We’ll return to hotel in the evening for an early dinner and free time.
Breakfast at the hotel is followed by a local tour of the city. After lunch we will drive to Makola Market and have free time to explore. Next we will visit The La Wulormo, the spiritual leader of the La Traditional area. Tonight you will have dinner at a local restaurant.
Breakfast at hotel, then depart for Kakum National Park. This is your opportunity to experience a mostly undisturbed rain forest, while learning about much of Ghana’s indigenous plant life, rare butterflies, birds and game. Don’t miss the Canopy Walkway, a suspended rope bridge that spans 350 meters above the forest floor.
Right in the reserve there is a café called the Rainforest Café, which encourages conservation efforts at the Park by supporting local farmers through the purchase of fresh produce, while providing a relaxing location for visitors to enjoy a fine meal and refreshing drinks. After lunch you will enjoy a guided tour of Elmina Castle. In the late afternoon we will arrive at our next hotel. Once check-in is complete, the group will have dinner and free time.
Breakfast at hotel, then visit the University of Cape Coast. Next we will take aguided tour of the Cape Coast Castle and Museum. After the tour we will return to our hotel for dinner and free time.
Breakfast at hotel, then depart for Kumasi. We arrive late afternoon and visit the Anglo-Ashanti Goldfields, then check in to our hotel in time for dinner and a free evening.
Breakfast at hotel followed by our visit to the Kumasi Central Market and the Ashanti Craft Village. Evening dinner at hotel and free time.
Breakfast at hotel. Today we are headed north to Mole National Park. The scenic ride is fantastic and we will take time to visit the Kintampo Falls en route. We will then tour the local countryside and arrive at the park in the early evening. Check in to hotel, dinner and free time.
Breakfast at hotel. This morning we will take a tour of Mole National Park and see some of the thousands of animals that live here, including elephants, lions, antelope, buffalo and monkeys. Your expert guides will give you a tour assisted by the local Park Rangers. We will continue our scenic drive through Ghana on our way back to Accra. We will have lunch en route and stop along the way at various points of interest, including Kwane Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. Arrive early evening, check in to a local resort and break for dinner and free time.
Breakfast and free morning to enjoy this beautiful resort, featuring 30 acres of landscape resembling a small village. We’ll take a leisurely stroll through the grounds and visit their private beach. In the afternoon we will continue with our tour of Accra and the National Museum & National Archives. Time permitting we can also visit the Aburi Botanical Gardens. This evening we’ll enjoy dinner at one of the many restaurants located within the resort.
Breakfast at hotel. We’ll visit the Mampong Center for Research into Plant Medicine, then break for lunch and enjoy a free afternoon at the resort. Dinner at hotel.
Breakfast at hotel. We will explore the downtown area, with free time to visit the museums of your choice. Afterwards we can pay a visit to the markets for souvenir shopping. Early afternoon we will return to our hotel and enjoy free time to rest before our Farewell Dinner.
Breakfast at hotel, then check out and store luggage at hotel. We’ll have a free day for some last minute shopping and to enjoy the beach. In the evening your bus will depart from the hotel for the airport. The group will have dinner on their own this evening before boarding their flight home.