- Round trip airfare from the U.S. to Dakar, Senegal.
- Round trip transportation via luxury motor coach, visiting sites in Senegal and The Gambia, including Dakar, Goree, Kaolack, Banjul, Saloum and Saly.
- 11 nights hotel accommodation at conveniently located properties.
- Breakfast daily at hotels.
- 11 lunches.
- 11 dinners.
- Visit Goree Island.
- Visit the House of Slaves; the Auction Block, the Door of No Return, the Fort and the Ethnographic Museum.
- Visit the school of Goree.
- Visit Dakar’s main squares and markets, see the House of Parliament, the Great Mosque and the Cathedral.
- Visit the handicraft village of Soumbedioune.
- Admission to the IFAN museum.
- Visit to the IFAN Center.
- Visit the Malango Traditional Medicine Center.
- Visit the Kaolack markets.
- Visit the Banjul central market.
- Admission to the National Museum in Banjul.
- Visit tie-dye factories.
- Visit the districts of Bakau and Serekunda.
- Visit the Mandingo villages surrounding Banjul.
- Visit the SOS Orphan Children Village of Banjul.
- Visit the Saloum Islands UN Man and Biosphere area.
- Visit with local Niominka fishermen.
- Visit traditional Serer villages.
- Visit the Bandia nature reserve.
- Visit the West African Research Center.
- Full day tour of Touba.
- Local tour guide assistance during your trip.
- Free trip for 1 chaperone in double room for each 10 paying passengers.
- All taxes and fees.
Day 1: Arrival at Dakar airport
Meet local tour staff and transfer to hotel. Rest of the day free. Welcome Dinner in a local restaurant.
Day 2: Dakar/Goree
Breakfast in hotel. Leave your hotel for Goree Island. At the ferry terminal, board your ferry and arrive in Goree 20 minutes later. Visit Goree: The House of Slaves; the Auction block, the Door of No Return. Visit the Fort and the Ethnographic Museum. Lunch break, then early afternoon visit to the school of Goree, meet and interact with students and teachers. Return to Dakar at the end of the day. Enjoy a lovely Senegalese dinner in a local restaurant.
Day 3: Dakar
Breakfast in hotel. This morning you will visit Dakar, capital of Senegal, the main squares, the markets, the handicraft village of Soumbedioune, the House of Parliament, the Great Mosque and the Cathedral. Visit of the IFAN museum under the guidance of a Senegalese Professor of Art who will explain all the various pieces you will admire and lecture you about “contemporary Senegalese Art”. In the afternoon meet the researchers in IFAN Center and visit. Dinner in local restaurant.
Day 4: Dakar/Kaolack
Breakfast in hotel. Leave Dakar for Fatick and Kaolack in the Center of Senegal. Lunch on the way. You will visit the “Malango Traditional Medicine Center” headed by Professor Eric Gbodossou, well known physician as well as famous specialist of traditional African therapy. You will meet the “Saltigues” traditional therapists and exchange with patients and therapists. In the late afternoon leave Fatick for Kaolack. Visit Kaolack, capital of the “peanut belt”. Lunch at Fatick or Kaolack. Arrive Kaolack. Visit the market rich in medicinal herbs and rich African fabrics. Dinner and check into hotel.
Day 5: Kaolack/Banjul (The Gambia)
Breakfast in hotel. Leave Kaolack for the Gambia. You will cross the Gambia river by ferry boat. Arrive in Banjul around noon. Check into hotel and lunch in a local restaurant. Afternoon visit Banjul, the central market, the National Museum, the traditional tie-dye factories, the districts of Bakau and Serekunda. Dinner and check into hotel.
Day 6: Banjul
Breakfast in hotel. Full day tour visiting the villages surrounding Banjul. Visit these Mandingo villages deeply rooted in their African traditions. Meet with the populations and chiefs of villages who will welcome you and interact with you. Lunch in a local restaurant in the surroundings of Banjul. Afternoon visit to the SOS Orphan Children village of Banjul. Dinner locally.
Day 7: Banjul/Saloum
Breakfast in hotel and leave the Gambia for the Saloum area. The Saloum islands are classified MAB (Man and Biosphere) by the United Nations. Break for lunch. Afternoon visit by motor canoe the bird sanctuaries and the natural sites. Meet with fishermen of the Niominka ethnic group in the islands. Dinner and check into hotel.
Day 8: Saloum/Saly
Breakfast in the hotel. Leave the Saloum for Saly beach resort. Visit traditional Serer villages and break for lunch. Visit Joal Fadiouth, where there former President of Senegal Leopold Senghor (famous African Poet and novelist) grew up. Arrive in Saly at the end of the day. Dinner and check into hotel.
Day 9: Saly/Dakar
Breakfast in hotel. A half day tour to Bandia, nature reserve near Saly. Wildlife with lions, panthers, gazelle, wild buffalo, etc. Lunch on the spot. Afternoon proceed to Dakar. Dinner and check into hotel.
Day 10: Dakar
Morning visit the West African Research Center. Free afternoon. Dinner locally.
Day 11: Breakfast in hotel.
Depart for a full day visit of Touba. Late afternoon return to Dakar. Dinner in local restaurant.
Day 12: Dakar
Day free in Dakar for packing. Transfer in due time to the airport. Assistance for check-in and depart for home.