8 NIGHTS / 8 DAYS
- Round trip airfare from New York to South Africa.
- Round-trip air from Johannesburg to Kruger.
- Airport transfers in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
- 8 nights hotel accommodation at conveniently located properties.
- Breakfast daily at hotels.
- 8 lunches.
- 8 dinners.
- Deluxe air-conditioned minicoach or motorcoach for sightseeing in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Victoria Falls.
- Ferry to Robben Island and tour of the maximum security prison where Nelson Mandela was incarcerated.
- Tour of the Cape Peninsula, featuring a scenic drive along the Atlantic seaboard via Hout Bay.
- Visit the Cape Point Nature Reserve and Boulders Beach.
- Visits to the towns of Stellenbosch and Franschoek.
- Luxurious overnight Blue Train excursion to Pretoria.
- Professionally guided sightseeing tour of Pretoria.
- Guided tour of Soweto Township, including the homes of Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Tutu, the Hector Peterson Museum, and Regina Mondi Church.
- Game Ranger guided safari in open 4-wheel drive vehicles in Kruger National Park.
- Host service in Cape Town and Johannesburg; experienced English-speaking driver/guide while on safari.
- Free trip for 1 chaperone in double room for each 10 paying passengers.
- All taxes and fees
Day 1: FLIGHT ARRIVES CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
Welcome to South Africa! Upon arrival, you are met by the local guide staff and transferred to your hotel. Take the ferry to Robben Island to tour the maximum security prison where Nelson Mandela was incarcerated, and spend the rest of the day at leisure exploring the “Mother City” on your own. Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 2: CAPE OF GOOD HOPE EXCURSION
Breakfast at hotel. Depart on a full day tour of the Cape Peninsula, driving the Atlantic seaboard via Hout Bay. Visit the Cape Point Nature Reserve, then stop to see the lovable penguins at Boulders Beach. Drive back to Cape Town through the historic naval village of Simon’s Town. Dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 3: STELLENBOSCH AND FRANSCHOEK EXCURSION
Breakfast at hotel. Today we’ll explore the quaint towns of Stellenbosch and Franschoek before returning to Cape Town for dinner and a free evening.
Day 4: CAPE TOWN/BOARD YOUR TRAIN
Breakfast at hotel. Take an early morning transfer to the Cape Town train station to begin your extraordinary journey. The Blue Train is synonymous with elegance and Rovos Rail is considered the most luxurious train journey in the world. Travel through some of South Africa’s most dramatic scenery while enjoying all the comforts of home. Your stateroom has individual climate control, a private entertainment center and an around the clock butler. Dinner on board.
Day 5: TRAIN JOURNEY/PRETORIA/JOHANNESBURG
Breakfast on board. Continue your journey through the memorable scenery of the Great Karoo, called the “Place of Great Dryness” by the Hottentot and Bushmen who once lived here. Arrive in Pretoria early afternoon. You will be met and taken on an orientation tour of this beautiful city, South Africa’s administrative center. The streets are lined with the lavender Jacaranda trees, an incredible sight during blooming season. Then transfer to your hotel in the stylish Rosebank district of Johannesburg. Dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 6: JOHANNESBURG
Breakfast at hotel. This morning take a tour of Soweto Township, synonymous with South Africa’s political history and the fight against Apartheid. See the homes of Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Tutu, the Hector Peterson Museum, and Regina Mondi Church. Your afternoon is free for independent activities. Dinner at a local restaurant. Note: You can choose not to take the Soweto tour and replace it with a half-day Johannesburg city tour.
Day 7: JOHANNESBURG/KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
Breakfast at hotel. Transfer to the airport for your flight to Kruger. On arrival, transfer to your lodge and get ready for your first safari later this afternoon. Climb aboard an open Land Rover to begin your adventure. Your Game Ranger is eager to share his intimate knowledge of the bush with you, expertly pointing out game. Note: The animals are most active early in the morning and late in the afternoon. You may wish to match the rhythm of the day to that of the animals. Dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 8: KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
Enjoy a memorable day in Kruger National Park. Begin with an early morning game drive. You may spot a multitude of animals including lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino, leopard, and cheetah. In the afternoon, relax at your camp or catch up on your postcards. Another game drive at sunset will complete the day. All of your meals will be served at your lodge.
Day 9: KRUGER NATIONAL PARK / DEPART JOHANNESBURG
Breakfast at lodge. Take one last early morning game drive before breakfast. Then transfer to the air strip for your flight to Johannesburg, where you will connect with your overnight flight home.
After breakfast, we will visit the Floral Clock, the whirlpool and take a tour of the Sir Adams Beck Hydro-electric Station, which supplies power to most of the Northeastern corridor of the US, as well as Eastern Canada. After our tour we will return to Niagara Falls and have free time to explore.
After breakfast, the group will check out. After check out, we’ll attend an Imax movie and then go to the Minolta Tower for lunch overlooking the falls. After lunch we will begin our journey home.